Tuesday, October 28, 2008

RESSEISTENTIALISM

Wow. that was a close one. I was really really close to errupting into a senseless display of rage and trying to no avail to contact a google technician... again! I logged in and there was no trace of my brand new blog. that perky little help message came on and said 'my blog has dissapeared.' as an option just like the last time when someone hacked my email account and a perky little link said, 'my mail has dissapeared'. this is the virtual equivalent of completing an online health diagnosis
' i cannot feel my legs' which leads to the next option 'i cannot feel either leg at all' 'i cannot feel my legs except for occasionally i kind of feel one.' There is no point in any kind of imbecillic regressive fantasy about the local help desk that is parked on the corner of main and pleasant where you can ask someone any question at all and this fantastically, helpful and dedicated individual will find the answer within seconds. nope. that person is the internet. and the internet is neither fantastically dedicated or helpful. goshdarned thing has a mind of its own. rather than daydream about an equally frustrating bureacratic exchange of knowledge routed through telephone wires or over desks, i fantasize that all these internet moguls can start facing facts and recognize that there IS a need for a 24 hour online techy who doubles as a virtual sleuth. i want this person to track down that IP address and find a way to administer an electronic reclamation/retribution that leaves that individual bereft of all history and possibly also leaves them with some kid of painful electric shock reaction to the keyboard which is crippling... I am talking about direct and immediate virtual justice. or, at least online support for the emotional highs and los of the cyber age. someone who can cry with me when i lose the first message that my boyfriend ever sent me, or someone who can tell me that ressistentialism ISNT real and there isnt a conspiracy between Dell Manufacturers and Retailers to sell me a broken computer bound to reheat and break and which was recalled but the recall expired. But it's ok because i found my blog. It was under one of my other email addresses. I have three real ones and one fake one. maybe that its part of the ressistentialist conspiracy,,, to turn me against myself in the pursuit of security

No comments: